UOC priest missing after contact with SBU gets in touch
Mobilized priest Andriy Denysenko told his family that he is alive and currently at a military unit.
On August 14, 2026, Priest Andriy Denysenko contacted his family after having been taken from a military training ground by SBU officers, UOC attorney Archpriest Nikita Chekman reported.
Fr Andriy said he was feeling well and was currently at a military unit. He confirmed that he had been questioned but said that he was now all right. The priest expressed his heartfelt gratitude to everyone who had been concerned about him, supported his family, and prayed for him, adding that he had felt their prayerful support.
Archpriest Nikita said that after contact with Fr Andriy was lost, lawyers immediately took legal steps to establish his whereabouts, clarify …
UOC priest missing after contact with SBU gets in touch
Mobilized priest Andriy Denysenko told his family that he is alive and currently at a military unit.
On August 14, 2026, Priest Andriy Denysenko contacted his family after having been taken from a military training ground by SBU officers, UOC attorney Archpriest Nikita Chekman reported.
Fr Andriy said he was feeling well and was currently at a military unit. He confirmed that he had been questioned but said that he was now all right. The priest expressed his heartfelt gratitude to everyone who had been concerned about him, supported his family, and prayed for him, adding that he had felt their prayerful support.
Archpriest Nikita said that after contact with Fr Andriy was lost, lawyers immediately took legal steps to establish his whereabouts, clarify the circumstances and legal grounds for his transfer, and ensure that his rights were respected. He thanked everyone who had helped spread information about the situation, supported the priest’s family, and prayed for Fr Andriy.
As the UOJ previously reported, Priest Andriy Denysenko went missing after SBU officers took him from a military training ground. On June 25, 2026, the priest was detained by patrol police and taken to a Territorial Recruitment Center (TCC). He was later assigned to the 3rd Separate Assault Brigade, where he underwent training. The priest had last been in contact on July 26.